Based in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, KORE Power is a leading developer of high density, high voltage energy storage solutions for utility, industrial and mission-critical markets.
KORE Power designs and manufactures the industry-leading, 1500V Mark 1 Energy Storage System. Developed to lower installation and operation costs with higher efficiency, the Mark 1 includes proprietary NMC cells and modules, with innovative safety features, managed and optimized by the Mark 1 BMS.
KORE Power serves the growing demand for applications such as replacing fossil fuel peaker plants, wind and solar plus storage projects, Microgrid optimization, behind-the-meter C&I, mining energy solutions and the Military.
KORE Power is currently seeking a Controller with experience leading accounting teams. This role will serve as the primary gatekeeper for accounting, budgets, reporting and other finance-related activities. The Controller will ensure proper accounting methods and processes are implemented, and will continuously assess and improve overall accounting practices. This position will report to the CFO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting operational functions
• Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
• Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements
• Coordinate activities of external auditors
• Provide management with information vital to the decision-making process
• Manage the budget process
• Assess current accounting operations, offer recommendations for improvement and implement new processes
• Evaluate accounting and internal control systems
• Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
• Develop and monitor business performance metrics
• Oversee regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
• Hire, train and retain skilled accounting staff
• Comply with State and Federal legal requirements
• Review and report monthly and quarterly accounting records
• Prepare financial documents for the Board of Directors
• Evaluate and negotiate sales and insurance contracts
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Finance, Accounting or related fields
• Active CPA license required
• Exceptional computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite, and extensive experience creating and editing Excel spreadsheets
• Experience with ERP applications preferred
• 8 or more years of experience managing accounting practices, finances and budgets, preferably for global organizations
• Both private and public company experience a plus
• Experience and thorough understanding of hedging
• Experience consolidating foreign entities
• Foreign exchange contract experience
• Excellent communication and management skills
• Experience with energy industry-specific taxes, incentives and regulations preferred (FERC, ITC, PTC, etc.)
• Experience building, managing and retaining versatile Finance and Accounting teams
• Be a team player with a can-do attitude, and ability to also work autonomously
• Consistently rise to the occasion in a fast growing and rapidly evolving business
KORE Power is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
Learn more about this listing by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org.