Based in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, KORE Power is a leading developer of high density, high voltage energy storage solutions for utility, industrial and mission-critical markets.
KORE Power designs and manufactures the industry-leading, 1500V Mark 1 Energy Storage System. Developed to lower installation and operation costs with higher efficiency, the Mark 1 includes proprietary NMC cells and modules, with innovative safety features, managed and optimized by the Mark 1 BMS.
KORE Power serves the growing demand for applications such as replacing fossil fuel peaker plants, wind and solar plus storage projects, Microgrid optimization, behind-the-meter C&I, mining energy solutions and the Military.
The Embedded Software Engineer will design, develop, and validate Battery Management System software for KORE Power energy storage batteries. The Embedded Software Engineer shall ensure all software development projects and initiatives are in conformance with organization's policies and objectives. The Embedded Software Engineer will work with the Sr. Engineering Manager to rigorously enforce Change Management discipline after Design Freeze, to ensure BMS software reflects and complies with the appropriate revision levels of product specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adhere to software engineering processes to support efficient and effective high-quality embedded software for KORE Power BMS development.
• Develop and manage embedded software for BMS and EMS applications to meet cost, timing, and performance targets.
• Review, approve, and modify production software designs.
• Lead Systems Architecture for BMS initiatives.
• Direct system engineering responsibilities with a global team.
• Develop next generation BMS technology to meet the needs of safety and efficiency of high voltage batteries for commercial and industrial ESS applications.
• Create and implement a thermal management strategy for the battery system (heating and cooling) using BMS coding strategies.
• Support product development plans to include schedules, product costs, and meeting design inputs.
• Execute and oversee onsite and supplier testing.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Engineering degree
• Solid understanding of CAN to Modbus /TCP/IP or RTU communication strategy in Master/Slave applications
• Minimum of 5 to 10 years in relevant industries, leading engineering projects
• 5 years of experience in battery management product design
• Experience with software technology development and product developments
• System analysis tools such as Fault Tree, FMEA, FMEDA and software certifications
• Knowledge of high voltage battery system and BMS
• Familiarization of EMS development
• Knowledge of System Development Process
• Functional safety and cybersecurity skills
• Previous experience in a technical leadership or team management role.
• Ability to write software code by using C/C++ coding language.
• Ability to be a team member and to communicate with peers.
KORE Power is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary, benefit package, stock incentive, and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
KORE Power is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
Learn more about this listing by reaching out to email@example.com.