Based in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, KORE Power is a leading developer of high density, high voltage energy storage solutions for utility, industrial and mission-critical markets.
KORE Power designs and manufactures the industry-leading, 1500V Mark 1 Energy Storage System. Developed to lower installation and operation costs with higher efficiency, the Mark 1 includes proprietary NMC cells and modules, with innovative safety features, managed and optimized by the Mark 1 BMS.
KORE Power serves the growing demand for applications such as replacing fossil fuel peaker plants, wind and solar plus storage projects, Microgrid optimization, behind-the-meter C&I, mining energy solutions and the Military.
KORE Power is currently increasing its Operations and Product Development division. The Field Service Engineer position plays a key role in the KORE Power organization and is critical to operational deployment success. The ideal Field Service Engineer candidate is a talented individual with a desire to explore uncharted territory and take on the challenge of building the next energy storage infrastructure. The candidate who will emerge in this role is a quick learner, comfortable with multi-tasking, and detail oriented. Most importantly, the candidate will understand the importance of getting the job done right the first time. This position reports directly to the VP of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Track onsite system issues and work closely with the development engineers and QC team to achieve resolution prior to commissioning
• Provide technical support and onsite training to construction contractors for system installation
• Work with PCS, meter and other equipment providers on equipment commissioning
• Perform PE DC battery examinations/inspections, identify issues and errors, and run final commissioning checks/tests on battery system
• Work with the system operations and product development team to fix issues and address potential issues
• Provide system training to service contractors and complete periodic system inspection and maintenance, and assist service contractors with the same
• Assist with spare parts inventory management
• Planning and management of site logistics
• Assist with preparation and managing of operational schedules, including detailed commissioning schedules, and ensure all milestone activities take place on or ahead of schedule
• Attend and actively participate in project meetings, including contractor and subcontractor meetings
• Prioritize safety, lead safety meetings, analyze job hazards, and provide prompt resolution of hazards
• Update system software and firmware prior to system installations
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering/Mechanical or a related field preferred with minimum 2-years work experience
• Experience with creating and maintaining project schedules related to electrical construction
• Proficient in electrical engineering fundamentals
• Ability to use electrical test equipment and hands on experience on DMM, meggers, and multi-process calibration equipment such as AV 500 or Bitro
• Experience working with high voltage equipment and working with power conversion systems such as DC/AC/DC inverters, generators etc
• Working knowledge of and experience operating under OSHA 1910.269, NFPA 70E, and 70B
• Ability to read electrical and/or mechanical drawings and specifications and understand terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts, and Purchase Orders
• Strong computer skills and experience with MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Power Point), Confluence, and other collaboration and project management tools
• Experience with Linux, Putty and AUTO CAD (should be able to configure Linux based computers and use command line and Linux based text editors)
• Agility with learning new software and understanding Modbus TCIP configuration
• Demonstrated ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with members of a project team, contractors and subcontractors
• Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills
• Wind turbine, solar, or battery storage installation experience preferred
• Ability to startup and commission electrical project is a plus
• Willingness to travel approximately 50% of time, both locally and internationally, with overnight stays required
KORE Power is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary, benefit package, stock incentive, and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
KORE Power is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.
Learn more about this listing by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org.