Location: Coeur d’Alene, ID / Spokane, WA Area
KORE Power is based in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. We designed the industry-leading, patent pending 1500Vdc Mark 1 battery energy storage system. With support from our manufacturing partner, Do-Fluoride Chemicals, we are producing 6 GWh/year with availability starting Q1 2020. Our utility-scale Mark 1 solution includes our propriety NMC cells with added safety features, innovative modules and standard racks, fully integrated with our Mark 1 BMS.
KORE Power is also developing plans to build a lithium-ion battery manufacturing facility in North America to serve the growing demand for energy storage products.
Kore Power is looking for a motivated and versatile, Mandarin-speaking Production Buyer to join our team. The Buyer will be engaged in a wide spectrum of activities including responding to material requirements, managing deliveries, and managing inventory. This position will work very closely with the supply base, planning, and the warehouse to identify opportunities for productivity improvements, avoid downtime and cost increases, and reduce lead-times. Also plays an integral role in ensuring total customer satisfaction in a continuous improvement environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes material demand for purchase and on-time delivery.
• Places purchase orders and expedite materials to meet weekly production plans.
• Monitors supply base performance as related to delivery and quality, and works with the supply base to resolve issues.
• Helps Implement and Manages the MRP system to ensure 100% schedule accuracy and adherence.
• Implements and documents comprehensive plans for all part number changes or usage changes.
• Manages inventory levels to avoid excessive inventory, inventory shortages, and/or inventory inaccuracies within defined guidelines. Analyze domestic and international shipping forecasts to achieve optimal inventory levels.
• Analyze domestic and international shipping forecasts to achieve optimal inventory levels.
• Keep up-to-date on both actual and potential supply problems and/or delivery issues; provide timely communications and analysis to management.
• Develop and promote better ways of analyzing and communicating service to both internal and external customers.
• Assess suppliers' performance against predetermined goals.
• Assist in improving supplier quality acceptance rates, delivery performance and cost savings performance.
• Negotiate and disposition discrepant materials internally and externally as needed.
• Ability to translate technical documents originally published in Mandarin to a format usable in English by internal customers and external vendors.
• Create purchase orders and ensure appropriate delivery.
• Communicate with vendors to obtain product, price, availability, and delivery information.
• Prepare material variance analyses and review cycle count results to allow for appropriate recommendations for improvements.
• Develop an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders.
• Develop and generate regular MRP reports on key performance indicators for management review.
• Participate and lead continuous improvement projects as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Solid computer skills including experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Bachelor's degree in related field AND minimum of 5 years of experience in a buying/sourcing/planning role.
• Prefer a candidate with a 4 year Engineering degree
• APICS or CSCP certification is a plus.
• ERP and MRP systems
• Fluent Mandarin speaker/reader/writer
• High energy multi-tasker, deal with ambiguity
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Statistical reporting skills.
• Ability to understand and support a manufacturing schedule.
• Superior negotiation skills.
• Good project management skills, and the ability to multi-task.
• LEAN manufacturing and JIT experience preferred.
• Team player who is willing to take on a variety of responsibilities to support operations.
• Flexibility in a constantly changing environment.
• Demonstrate strong customer focus and drive for results.
Work Environment and Eligibility:
• Works in the office 80-90% of the time and 10-20% of time in warehouse and production area.
• Capable to lift up to 35 pounds of weight.
• Eligible working in United States
• Classification: Exempt.
KORE Power is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary, benefit package, stock incentive, and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.