Location: USA. Coeur d’Alene, ID or Chicago, IL preferred
KORE Power is based in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho and is building the industry-leading Mark 1 storage solution, with higher storage density, lower cost, and patented safety features. With support from our partner in China, Do-Fluoride Chemicals, KORE is entering production, and our solutions will be available the first quarter of 2020. KORE Power is also working towards building a lithium-ion battery manufacturing facility in North America to serve the growing demand for energy storage products.
KORE POWER is currently seeking a Director of Sales Application Engineering with experience in renewable, battery energy storage and distributed energy technologies for our energy storage business. This role will serve as the primary technical interface between customers and KORE Power, and be responsible for customer meetings, supporting proposals, technical pre-designs and performance software for energy storage designs and implementation. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the US renewable power industry, in particular energy storage technology. This position reports to the VP of Sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as the technical point of contact for KORE Power customers and partners to support sales efforts, from initial contact through closing
• Serve as the internal technical voice of the customer in order to coordinate technical discussions between sales, engineering, product management and field service teams
• Work closely with sales team to develop sales strategy and solutions that ensure KORE Power consistently delivers competitive and responsive offers to its customers
• Assist with the technical aspects related to RFQ and RFP documents
• Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with key KORE Power vendors and partners within the industry
• Support and lead presentations to customers on technical aspects of Kore Power solutions
• Proactively identify and communicate opportunities to improve how we operate as a team and a company
• Review sales and marketing materials, proposals and customer deliverables for technical accuracy and compliance with customer requirements
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, or related field of studies
• Minimum 2 years of experience with front-of-meter energy storage project implementation
• Minimum 2 years of experience working with Li-ion technologies
• Minimum 8 years of experience working within the energy storage or utility-scale renewable energy industry
• Minimum 8 years of overall experience working with customers and partners in a technical sales role
• Utilize design and performance modeling tools such as Energy Toolbase or Homer.
• Demonstrated ability to acquire, translate, analyze, and standardize customer supplied energy data.
• Be a versatile team player with a can-do attitude
• Consistently rise to the occasion in a fast growing and rapidly evolving business
• Willingness to travel approximately 50% of time, both locally and internationally, with overnight stays required
• Ability to work out of a home office if required
KORE Power is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary, benefit package, stock incentives, and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative and supportive atmosphere.